So, you just purchased that new Plasma TV. Now you are compelled to make a decision - do I'm going for glamour and mount this thing on my living room wall or go the traditional route with a TV stand. Each option has its risks and its rewards, so right here we are going to study the professionals and cons of each.
The Useless Glory of Wall Mounting
Doesn't it just make sense in case your TV is only some inches deep to mount that sucker proper above the fireplace for all to see? Maybe, however consider what it takes to wall mount a flat screen.
1. Purchase a wall mounting kit from a Plasma Dealer.
2. Ensure that said kit suits your TV. If you don't do that, it'll either price you time or plaster.
3. Find the studs behind the wall. Once more, for those who miss this, you'll be the proud owner of a smashed TV set. The screws must go into studs, not just sheet rock.
4. Just remember to measure and degree all the things BEFORE you screw any holes. This will probably be very hard to alter later. In actual fact, I dare say you will not do it a second time, but somewhat you will live with a slightly-croocked mounted Plasma or you'll just surrender and purchase a TV stand.
5. Now, actually screw the mount into the wall.
6. Cut a gap behind the TV to run wires by means of and another gap wherever the wires need to come out. Fish the wires by the holes utilizing either a snake software or a stretched wire hanger. Sure, I'm severe about this step. If you're going to mount it, primarily for seems, do not go away wiring showing. It just won't be worth it.
7. Connect the items of the mounting system that affix to the TV. Then, gently set the tv into the mount bracket. It's your decision one other individual there with you for this.
8. Test everything. Be certain the TV works, the mount is safe, and the tv is safe within the mount.
The Blessed Simplicity of the TV Stand
Effectively, that was interesting. Now, let's assessment the steps concerned in organising a TV stand.
1. Purchase a TV stand that best fits the location at which you wish to show your tv mounting nj
. Be sure you take note of the burden and depth of the tv, in addition to any equipment you would possibly attach to it.
2. Have it delivered and setup. Positive, you might drive it home your self and put it together, but you may have better things to do in life - like watch your big Plasma-screen TV.
3. Place your tv on the stand. Drop wires behind it and attach them to the sockets or external models as needed.
4. Go get some wings. It's time for the game.